20st BANDOL CONFERENCES®
SEPTEMBER 30th – OCTOBER 1st 2020
POLYMER DURABILITY AND UV-LIGHT PROTECTION
FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
- 08:45 – Bandol Conferences® 2020 opening address
- 09:00 Keynote – Sappi Symbio – Solution for More Sustainable Automotive Materials.
Mrs Ana Luisa, Matos Vaz, Global Product Manager, SAPPI, The Nederlands
- 09:40 – Advanced UV solutions for halogen-free flame retardant formulations: polypropylene, polystyrene and polyethylene.
Mrs Ethel Garlaschi Sales and Product Manager, GREEN CHEMICALS, Italy
- 10:20 – TRAINING :Polypropylene or the beloved Polymer : versatile, durable, recyclable, and more !
Mrs Mara Destro, Additives Team Leader, LYONDELL BASELL, Italy
- 11:20 – TRAINING : Get the keys of best in class Light Stabilization formulations for Polyolefin products – Formulas to stay ahead of fast and furious competitive markets
Dr Enrico Costantini, Additives Consultant, E.COSTANTINI CONSULTING, Italy
- 12:20 – Sustainability and Circular as fundamental drivers of stabilizer solutions development
Dr Nicola Lelli Global Strategic Marketing Head, CLARIANT, Switzerland
Wednesday 30th September 2020
SESSION 1: BE SPORT, TRAIN AND WIN UNDER LIGHT EXPOSURE !
- 14:00 –The traditional stabilizers formulations may not be quite valid for the newer recycled and bio-sourced polymers. How to adapt to these new challenges?
Mr Willem DeVos, CEO, CAMPINE,Belgium – Mr Thor Kamfjord, Director Sustainable Development, NORNER, Norway – Dr Andrea Landuzzi, Global Marketing Director, SOLVAY, Belgium – Dr Nicola Lelli, Global Strategic Marketing Head, CLARIANT, Switzerland.
SESSION 2: PING PONG QUESTIONS TO THE PANELISTS !
- 15:00 Keynote – Circular economy expectations and post corona opening new perspectives in the world of polymer durability
Mr Claus Carlsen, Founding Partner, BONSAI TECHNOLOGY VENTURE OY, Finland.
- 15:40 New generation of stabilizers to address the need for heat and light protection of polyolefin recyclates.
Dr Elke Metzsch-Zilligen, Group Manager Additivation, FRAUNHOFER LBF, Germany.
- 16:20 – Time Scales in Environmental Ageing of Polymers – Implications and Limitations for Weathering Testing
Dipl.Phys. Andreas Riedl, Director Global Consulting, Director of Marketing, ATLAS Material Testing Technology, USA
- 17:00 – Exciting discoveries from natural and accelerated weathering testing applied to high and ultra-high durability materials
Mr Lionel Beraud, CEO, SEVAR, France
- 17:40 – A new standard for measurement of water spray delivery in xenon arc test chambers: its importance and use to improve artificial weathering testing
Dr Andy Francis, Marketing Director, Q-LAB, USA
- 18:15 – End of first day
SESSION 3: THE OLYMPICS GAMES: WEATHERING TESTING, NEW GENERATION STABILIZERS, CIRCULAR ECONOMY !
- 08:45 – Opening address
- 9:00 keynote – The circular Masterbatch based on recycled additives
Mr Wim De vos, CEO, CAMPINE, Belgium
- 09:40 – Comparative study between natural and artificial aging tests of self adhesive films for SNCF rolling stocks
Mrs Pauline Louvion, Chargée d’étude peinture/films adhésifs/colles, SNCF, France
- 10:20 – CLEARCOAT ON POLYCARBONATE FOR AUTOMOTIVE HEADLIGHTS: ISSUES ON PHOTO-AGEING
Mrs Nicoleta Radutoiu, specialist Photo and Thermo-ageing of polymers/durability, GROUPE RENAULT, Romania
- 11:00 – TRAINING : Add super power to your Coatings with special HALS/UVA Combinations
Dr Andreas Valet, Additives Consultant, A.VALET CONSULTING, Germany
- 12:00 – TRAINING : UV Absorbers in Polymers : Re-formulating for compliance and adding more value to your customer’s article
Dr Roberto Todesco, Additives Consultant, RVT CONSULTING, Switzerland
Thursday October 1st 2020
SESSION 4: TRAIN AND SCORE, THEN MASSAGE YOUR KNOWLEDGE!
- 14:00 Keynote – Packaging: protecting valuable contents in a sustainable and compliant way.
Dr Ann Delmotte, General Manager, IBE-BVI-Belgian-Packaging-Insitute, Belgium
- 14:40 – Aging of Polyethylene Textiles for the Design of Mosquito-proof Shield : comparison between artificial and natural ageing performed in Bandol and Guadeloupe sites
Pr Dr Laurence Romana, Professor, Université des Antilles, France
- 15:20 –Solutions for a sustainable usage of agricultural plastic films during and after service life
Mr Javier Fernandez Innovation manager Agriculture, CLARIANT, Switzerland
- 16:00 – Accelerated UV Ageing test for the lifetime evaluation of agriculture film – Advantage and Limits
Mr Gérard Pichon, R&D Manager, BARBIER GROUP, France
- 16:40 – Durability prediction of polymers based on exposures to medium-pressure mercury-vapor lamps: an example of assessment of polypropylenes used in agriculture
Dr Steeve Collin, Research Manager, CNEP, France.
- 17:20 – Leveraging digital & AI to detect and monitor the trends in UV & weathering resistance of materials
Dr Raphael Mestanza, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, INTPACT, France
- 18:00 – End of Bandol Conferences ® 2020